Glenn Dale’s only personalized cardiovascular rehab program was founded in 2017 by Emmanuel Moses, owner of Evidence Physical Therapy, in collaboration with some of the area’s leading cardiologists. Many patients with cardiovascular problems struggle with rehabilitation because of orthopaedic problems. Recognizing the opportunity to help his community, Emmanuel has coupled the value of physical therapy with a state-of-the-art cardiovascular rehabilitation program to help patients achieve exceptional treatment outcomes.
- Cardiovascular physical therapy is as effective as beta blockers and cholesterol medication at reducing your risk of a repeated cardiac event.
- Cardiovascular physical therapy can reduce your risk of a repeated cardiac event by 20-25%.
- Research shows a 20-50% improvement in functional capacity and improvement in quality of life with therapy in your POC.
- Two-thirds of cardiac patients also have orthopedic and/or balance issue requiring physical therapy expertise
- The American Heart Association and American College of Cardiologists both recommend cardiopulmonary physical therapy for all patients with heart conditions.
- Heart Attack
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Failure
- Vascular Disease
- Valve Replacement
- Bypass Surgery
- Limited Exercise Capacity
- High Coronary Artery Calcium Score
Personalized Program Details
We provide you with a custom program to meet your every need. Together we can improve your quality of life, health, and help you manage your heart, or vascular condition.
Programs consist of:
- Thorough Initial Evaluation
- Monitored Treatment Program
- Monthly Progress Reports to your Physician
- Long-term Follow Up
- Low Cost Maintenance Programs are Available
Safety First with Cutting-Edge Technology
- Heart rate monitoring
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Oxygen saturation monitoring
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) rhythm monitoring
- Perceived exertion monitoring
- VO2 testing
A Multidisciplinary Approach to Education & Treatment. Your treatment team may consist of:
- Doctors of Physical Therapy
- Cardiology Nurse Practitioners